Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Welcome (updated)

Welcome to my Book Bag! I'm going to be doing some readin' and some thinkin' and some writin'.... brace yourselves, my friends.


Right now I'm trying out a book called Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond


Very scholarly and highbrow so far. It'll take me some time to get through this one, so sit tight and check back in a week or so...


While you're waiting, go to your local library and check out Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America by Erik Larson. It's kind of slow paced (think documentary) but many parts are pretty creepy and it's a true story (which makes it even creepier).


UPDATE 3/26/2017:  Oh my gosh, I'm STILL trying to get through this.  It's fairly interesting, but super-duper detailed and slow-going.  There's a lot of bouncing around between times and locations so I've have to keep going back and checking stuff.  I will say it's good to read this on a Kindle because I have to look up a lot of terms, lol, and that's much easier to do on an ereader.  If you try this in the regular book, keep your laptop handy to look stuff up.  Or keep a dictionary and a globe nearby, lol!

I'm not giving up - I will finish!  eventually....   (if you suffer from insomnia, try this book...  it's non-addictive...)

No comments:

Post a Comment